Five reasons this is the best Chaga Mushroom in Australia
- Our Chaga mushroom is certified organic and is wild-harvested in Canada. This means it’s straight from nature, thrived in the freshest air and has lived through freezing cold conditions to culminate in the most potent superfood on the planet.
- We do not source any Chaga or medicinal mushrooms from China. You can be sure you’re getting the best possible quality superfood products possible. Our organic Chaga mushroom passes stringent checks and undergoes regular third-party testing to ensure it’s of the highest quality.
- Unlike other mushroom companies who only dual-extract chaga for three hours, our Chaga goes through a four to six-week process to bring out all its adaptogenic properties like beta-glucans, antioxidants, betulinic acid and vitamins, to name a few. But more on that later.
- As our organic Chaga mushroom is wild-harvested from birch trees, it contains no brown rice, which is a by-product of growing medicinal mushrooms on substrate- if you don’t know how to remove it.
- Simply hold up our wild Chaga Extract next to a competitor’s dual Extract, and you’ll see the difference in colour and consistency rather than the runny versions that are currently sold on the market.
Chaga mushroom powder vs Extract – what’s the difference?
Most Chaga mushroom powder is sourced from China. While they’ve been using chaga mushrooms in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years, the poor quality soil, air pollution and overuse of chemicals offset the health benefits of this mushroom.
Even certified organic chaga mushroom powder, if it’s from China, can mean it’s laden with heavy metals, especially as it takes so long to grow.
As some Chaga mushrooms are grown on brown rice powder, most companies do not have the technology to remove the rice from the mycelium and fruiting body, so anywhere from 10-30% of your chaga mushroom powder is probably brown rice! It makes you wonder how they get away with charging up to $800 a kilo!
Our dual extraction method from wild Chaga is the most bioavailable way to consume Chaga mushroom. There are receptors under your tongue that open up when they come in contact with alcohol. So all the minerals, antioxidants, vitamins and other aspects of this incredible nutritional profile mushroom go straight into your system. So not only does it pack more punch, but your getting all the medicinal compounds minus the brown rice!
The health benefits of Chaga mushroom – what does the research say?
There are so many health benefits associated with wild chaga that we could go on for days. But instead, we’ll describe those we feel are most important.
- Vitamin profile – Chaga is packed with a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. These range from vitamin D, B to zinc to magnesium. And many more.
- Longevity – Our wild chaga Extract is rich in antioxidants. Our modern environment is full of nasties that contribute to free radicals which contribute to ageing. By consuming chaga mushroom extract, you’re likely filling your system with a powerful source of antioxidants that help offset these free radicals and slow down the process of aging. This is why we also include Chaga in our Longevity Stack.
- Reduce inflammation – These super mushrooms contain anti-inflammatory agents. This 2019 study showed: Inonotus obliquus, commonly known as Chaga, is effective in reducing inflammation activity in both in vitro and in vivo models.
- Cancer Fighter – As well as boosting the immune system, this 2010 study showed that chaga could slow the growth of lung, breast, and cancer cells. The same research went on to establish a reduction in tumours in rodents when given Chaga. We include Chaga in our ‘Immunity’ stack along with other adaptogenic herbs, which work synergistically to fire up your immune system and promote optimal health.
- Diabetes fighter – This 2006 study showed Chaga mushroom lowered blood sugar levels in rats!
What if I’m not happy with the product?
We are confident we have the best Chaga mushroom in Australia; we offer a no questions asked money-back guarantee. Simply send us an email, and we’ll organise a refund.
What’s the dose?
Everyone is different in terms of height and weight. We suggest starting with an entire dropper, holding it under your tongue for a minute then swallowing. Then increase or decrease the dose as required. If you need an immune system boost, we recommend up to four full droppers a day.
How Long till I ‘feel’ it?
Chaga doesn’t give an instant buzz like other medicinal mushrooms, but you’ll notice the health benefits after around a month. Medicinal Mushrooms generally have a cumulative effect, so the results compound over time. You’ll probably notice your ability to fight off colds and other sickness more efficiently.
Is chaga mushroom safe?
As with any new product, especially if you are on any medication, check with a medical professional before consuming Chaga. Suppose you have any kidney problems, we recommend steering clear of Chaga or consult your doctor.
What does chaga mushroom do for you?
Chaga is great for your body, skin, and immune system and is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. If you could only take one mushroom to enhance your overall well being, then we recommend this powerful mushroom.
Is chaga mushroom hallucinogenic?
No Chaga Mushroom is not hallucinogenic. It contains no psilocybin, which is the hallucinogenic property in magic mushrooms.
Is chaga bad for your kidneys?
As mentioned above, if you have kidney problems, you should avoid Chaga as it has a high oxalate content.
Can you eat a Chaga mushroom?
Yes, you can eat a chaga mushroom, but it doesn’t taste great. Either consume our dual Extract or brew it into a black tea. Chaga also goes well with products made from cacao due to its taste. So feel free to add to your favourite hot chocolates!