Five reasons this is the best lion’s mane mushroom in Australia.
Shroomunity began as a response to the primarily sub-standard medicinal mushrooms on the market. Did you know that most mushroom products come from China, and despite being used in traditional Chinese medicine to cure a host of symptoms, there are a lot of potential issues that we’ll get into later. We believe our lion’s mane extract is the best in Australia for the following reasons:
- Our lion’s mane mushrooms are grown in the pristine hinterland of Byron Bay, Australia, using a culture from a native wild fruit body of Byron Bay lion’s mane mushroom. You don’t get better conditions to grow a nutrient-packed superfood!
- We never have and never will use any insecticides, pesticides or chemicals to grow our lion’s mane. This is as close to certified organic as you’ll get. We lose a few crops to insects, and while it would make life so much easier to use chemicals, we will never compromise our product for the easy road!
- Our dual-extraction technology produces the most potent lion’s mane extract on the market. You’ll find most dual-extracts take about 3 hours from start to finish. Ours takes over a month. You’ll notice the difference when you hold up a dropper of our lion’s mane vs a competitor in colour, thickness, consistency and concentration. The concentration is also reflected in the taste. Dual-extracts are also the most bioavailable way to consume lion’s mane mushrooms as the receptors under your tongue open up when in contact with Alcohol. Think of it as mainlining straight into your system.
- Our product contains no brown rice. Extracting mycelium is difficult, as it’s usually propagated in brown rice. Some companies try to spin off the resulting starch with a centrifuge, but you’re still getting an extract of brown rice rather than pure mycelium. Using our patent-pending technology growing liquid mycelium, combined with whole fruiting body extract, we avoid rice in our product. This also connected the best of both worlds, fruiting body and mycelium; according to Paul Stamets, the mycelium holds the most beneficial compounds.
- Feedback from our customers! Most of our customers are repeat customers and opt for our subscription service. We most receive the review: ‘I didn’t realise how powerful your lion’s mane was until I stopped using it! Our multiple five-star reviews say it all!
WARNING: The dangers of sourcing lion’s mane mushroom from China
“Every Chinese mushroom expert I know says they wouldn’t touch medicinal mushrooms grown in China” Paul Stamets on the Joe Rogan podcast.
90% of medicinal mushrooms come from China. Mushrooms absorb the environment around them. Anything mass-produced loses quality control, especially in a country where pollution is rampant, the soil is mainly contaminated, and chemicals are used freely. Don’t be fooled with a ‘certified organic’ label; it’s probably still laced with heavy metals, which are very difficult to detox from your system. Unscrupulous mushroom companies buy Lion’s mane powder off Ali-baba for fifty dollars per kilo, repackage and sell for up to $800 per kilo. You don’t know what you’re getting even with an ‘Australian company’ on the label. That’s why we grow our own lion’s mane mushroom from start to finish resulting in an excellent quality product.
Lion’s mane mushroom powders vs Extracts – what’s the difference?
Aside from most lion’s mane powder being of substandard quality, the other main reason against consuming lion’s mane mushroom powder is something called ‘chitin.’ This is a by-product of the mushroom that is very difficult to break down during digestion. Our lion’s mane mushroom extract gets around that. Some companies dual-extract the mushroom then spray dry it, turning it into a powder to avoid chitin. Common sense will tell you that most of the nutrients are lost during that process.
Another point to note is most lion’s mane powders from Asia have a high percentage of brown rice instead of mushroom!
As we mentioned earlier: liquid dual-extract is THE most bioavailable way to consume lion’s mane mushroom. Plus, it’s way easier to add to your favourite beverage!
The health benefits of lion’s mane mushroom – what does the research say?
The amount of benefits associated with consuming lion’s mane mushroom is staggering. There are thousands of studies available online exploring the health benefits of the beneficial compounds of this mushroom.
- The brain – This 2013 study shows lion’s mane can trigger neurite outgrowth and regeneration of damaged nerves.
- Enhance cognitive function and focus – This 2017 study showed lion’s mane mushroom appeared to give mice better object recognition and recognition memory.
- Reduce inflammation – As we age, we are subjected to increased inflammation. This 2012 study showed had one of the highest antioxidant activities of the medicinal mushroom kingdom.
- REM sleep – For some people, lion’s mane can help increase the time spent in REM sleep. It’s around double for us when we use an Oura ring to track our sleep cycles. It can also lead to exciting dreams!
- And many others – This fantastic Funghi has also been shown to improve heart health, reduce depression, produce nervous system recovery and boost immunity!
What if I’m not happy with the product?
We stand by the quality of our product and offer a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee.
How much should I take?
You should start by taking a full dropper of Chaga Mushroom in the morning and work your way up based on personal experience.
How long till I see results?
Everyone is different. Some will feel results immediately, but for others, mushrooms are known to have a ‘cumulative effect.’ The benefits compound over time. We suggest at least a month of personal use before noting the benefits.
Is Lion’s mane addictive? Can I overdose?
There’s no evidence to suggest Lion’s Mane is addictive.
What are the side effects of lion’s mane?
Lion’s mane mushroom is safe even at very high doses. The only known side effect is if you are allergic.
How do lions mane grow in Australia?
Lion’s Mane mushroom does grow in the wild and we do wild-forage whenever possible. Otherwise, we have a little farm in the Byron Bay Hinterland. We begin withhttp://” https://shroomunity.com/how-to-grow-lions-mane-mushroom/ a liquid culture then transfer to a substrate. It then forms nice round fruits. The fruiting body of the mushroom is then harvested and extracted. We use a mix of indoor and outdoor growing mediums depending on the flush. At later stages, we expose to direct sunlight for maximum vitamin D absorption. Here’s a guide outlining the process on how to grow lions mane mushroom.
I’ve been using this Lions Mane extract for work and I’m able to focus for hours without feeling jittery (as when drinking coffee). Good stuff!