Reishi Mushroom Australia
Looking for Australian grown, native strain Reishi mushroom extract? Our Reishi mushrooms are grown in the pristine Hinterland of Byron Bay, Australia. We use a combination of indoor and outdoor growing mediums, just as nature intended. We then dual-extract them for over a month to produce the highest quality, most potent, bioavailable reishi medicinal mushroom extract on the market. Our Australian Reishi growing process involves no sprays or chemicals and is always free of heavy metals.
Used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries, reishi mushroom Ganoderma lucidum is revered as sacred, both for its beneficial compounds, and some even claim it comes with a ‘spiritual potency.’
The Reishi mushroom is one of the more well-known medicinal mushrooms. Consuming Shroomunity Reishi extract can bring about a multitude of studied health benefits, including boosting the immune system through its effect on white blood cells, which can help fight infection, cancer cells and disease, downregulate the nervous system resulting in more peaceful sleep and many benefits. We don’t stock pure Reishi, however we offer 3 stacks containing Australian Reishi mushroom:
One of our bestsellers which contains Byron Bay grown medicinal mushrooms: Reishi mushroom, lions mane mushroom and certified organic ashwagandha, all dual-extracted for maximum bioavailability.
We then infuse the tincture with chamomile for that added sleep benefit.
- Reishi, or Ganoderma lucidum increases your deep-sleep component.
- Lions mane increases your REM sleep component.
- Ashwagandha helps calm the parasympathetic nervous system.
Whether it’ a big night out or a solid workout, our powerful stack will help ensure your recovery.
The perfect synergistic blend of medicinal mushrooms and adaptogenic herbs to help you recover.
- Whether it’s a big night or a challenging workout, our recover stack will bring you back to an optimal state.
- Alongside Reishi and ashwagandha, our Recover stack also contains certified organic American Ginseng. Studies have shown American Ginseng can increase energy levels and fight tiredness.
One of our best-selling extracts containing Reishi, Ashwagandha, American Ginseng. We then add wild-harvested pine pollen and Chaga – the ‘OG’ of the medicinal mushroom kingdom.
- Pine pollen produces serotonin which is a fantastic mood regulator. It helps regulate serotonin levels in the brain – another neurotransmitter that helps govern mood and other physical functions.
- Studies show Chaga contains many beneficial compounds and may relieve symptoms associated with elevated stress levels by improving the health of your adrenal system. This ultimately improves your ability to cope with stressful situations and events.
Five reasons this is the best Reishi Mushroom in Australia.
1) Shroomunity started in part due to the lack of quality medicinal grade mushrooms in Australia. 99% of mushroom powders come from China, where they are exposed to air pollution, poor soil quality and chemical sprays, including pesticides. It may say ‘certified organic’ on the label, but production and quality control standards are much lower than most other countries. When anything is mass-produced, quality standards drop significantly.
This applies to reishi mushroom powder. Chances are, if it’s powder, then it’s from China.
2). Reishi mushroom powder is way less bioavailable than extracts. Aside from the potential side effects of reishi mushroom powder, your system doesn’t absorb as directly as a dual-extract. Our dual-extract engages tiny receptors under your tongue that open up when they come into contact with alcohol. So all the beneficial compounds like polysaccharides, beta-glucans and superfood nutrients go straight into your system. Another reason our Reishi mushroom extract stands apart from competitors.
3). Our extracts contain both the fruiting body and mycelium, giving the ‘full spectrum’ of Reishi health benefits. Chances are because most other mushroom companies cannot remove the growing medium of brown rice from the mycelium, your product contains around 30% brown rice. We grow on three different mediums that combat this, enabling us to pack as many punch nutrients as possible into our product. Without the fillers!
4). Our Reishi is wither wild-foraged or grown from a native Byron Bay strain. So we grow in Byron Bay from a Byron Bay mushroom- it doesn’t get any more natural than that! We use both indoor and outdoor growing mediums to give the mushroom the perfect amount of exposure from nature to enhance its healing properties.
5). Our method of dual-extraction takes a month. This ensures a more potent product. Check out the colour of our extracts against competitors and see for yourself.
Reishi mushroom powder vs Extract – what’s the difference?
Whether it comes in powder or capsules, Reishi powder is inferior to extracts. As we mentioned above, most Reishi mushroom powder comes from China. So not only are you potentially exposing yourself to a bag of toxins mixed with brown rice, but you’re body also doesn’t assimilate it as quickly.
Chitin is a fibrous polysaccharide that forms the cell walls of fungi. It is one of the most bioavailable compounds containing the amino polysaccharide that you’ll find on the planet. You’d think that by consuming reishi mushroom powder, that you’ll receive all the beneficial compounds associated with Chitin. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Unfortunately, humans don’t do well in digesting Chitin. It’s insoluble fibre, meaning it doesn’t dissolve in water. So it doesn’t break down in our digestive tract.
This is one reason we go the extra mile and dual-extract our Reishi. Part of the process involves extracting the mushroom using water, which pulls out all the beneficial compounds associated with chitin without the digestion problems.
Some mushroom companies try to get around this by dual-extracting then spray drying the product. You have to ask yourself why? Does this seem like a quality product? You’d have to think the process of spray drying removes a bunch of the mushrooms beneficial compounds.
Finally, how easy is it to mix reishi powder into your favourite beverage? Near on impossible not to have a layer of powder sitting at the bottom of your cup when you’re finished. We understand you might not always feel like squirting extract under your tongue, which is why our product blends in effortlessly in almost all beverages. Even water. The mild flavour also helps! We think you’ll absolutely love our extract.
You can tell by our reviews that our extract is a quality product, far superior to other mushroom powders out there.
The health benefits of Reishi mushroom – what does the research say?
It’s no wonder Reishi has been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years; it contains a plethora of health benefits.
- It boosts the immune system. This 2010 study shows the potential for Reishi to improve inflammation pathways in white blood cells. Another 2003 study showed that the beneficial properties of reishi mushroom could enhance the capacity of natural white blood cells called natural killer cells.
- It contains anti-cancer properties. There have been many studies on the cancer-fighting properties of Reishi Mushroom for all different types of cancers. This 2003 study showed that out of 4000 breast cancer survivors, over 59% had taken Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi).
- Downreglulating your physiology: Many people consume Reishi when they are feeling anxious or stressed out. Studies have shown its potential to downregulate the nervous system leading to a feeling of relaxation and calm. It’s also great to have just before bed. As avid biohackers, we track our sleep, and there’s a noticeable difference in our level of deep sleep after consuming Reishi before bedtime.
- They can help lower blood pressure. This 2014 study showed the potential for reishi mushrooms to help keep blood pressure contained. We do recommend consulting a health professional before taking Reishi mushroom if you are on any sort of medication.
- Reishi can help with diabetes. This 2012 randomized control trial showed Reishi mushrooms were found to decrease blood sugar by inhibiting an enzyme that produces glucose. Another trial showed their potential to halt kidney damage in diabetics.
What type of Reishi is best?
We stand by our product being the best on the market. From our indoor and outdoor growing process in the beautiful Hinterland of Byron Bay, our use of native Byron Bay strains and our meticulous, month-long dual-extraction process, we doubt you’ll find a better Reishi product on the market. Let us know if you do, and we’ll happily refund your purchase! If you want local, high quality, Australian made and owned Reishi grown by experts; then our Reishi is for you.
Does Reishi mushroom grow in Australia?
Reishi is abundant in different regions of Australia. Especially in the Northern Rivers and Western Australia. We are avid and active wild-foragers. When we’re not in the lab or grow rooms, you’ll find us in the Hinterland, searching for that next beautiful big Reishi that will find its way into your extracts! We always harvest sustainably and ethically, so these beautiful mushrooms will grow back and continue to provide us with bountiful harvests. (Plus, we keep note of all our Reishi secret foraging hotspots!)
How does Reishi mushroom make you feel?
Reishi Mushroom can have a calming and relaxing effect. Some people feel in instantly, others it might take a few weeks to feel its effects. Mushrooms have a cumulative effect, so we always suggest using them for at least a month to experience their full benefits. Reishi is also part of the adaptogen family when means it gives your body what it needs. For most, it’s an excellent release from the familiar feelings of stress and anxiety. Everyone is different, though, so try for yourself, experiment with dosage and see how it works for you!
What time of day should I take Reishi?
We suggest taking Reishi and our products containing Reishi in the PM with its effects on downregulating physiology. Try it in the afternoon to bring more Zen into your day. Or before bed to enhance to deep sleep component of your nightly rest. Combined with lions mane, this is a powerful sleep tonic. With Reishi increasing deep sleep and lions mane improving REM sleep, you’ll wake up completely energized. After consuming our ‘Sleep Stack’ containing both Reishi and lions mane, we needed less sleep as our sleep quality was higher.